placeholder

Friday, February 10, 2012

Eureka, I'm on Street View! And Google Street View Car is on my blog! :-) - Google took a shot of me on Elba Island beach!

I was waiting for it, I knew it was going to happen...
I kept checking for update on street view on Elba Island's roads: finally Google updated its databases.

And now I can say it: I'm on Street View!
And Google Street View Car is on my blog!
This is so meta... :-)

That morning we had just arrived at the Enfola beach, on the Island of Elba, Italy.
I was walking to my car to get something that I had forgotten ... and then I saw a Google Street View Car maneuvering to turn back.
Of course I always have my compact camera with me, especially during the holidays (my DSLR camera was a bit 'too far... it was on the beach in the bag :-)), so I pulled out my compact with a feline gesture and I managed to snap some photos at the Google car before seeing it vanish away between the curves of the Elba Island :-)

Here is me on Google Street View, taking some photos of the Google Stret View Car, on the Enfola Beach, Elba Island, Italy.

 Here is the Google Street View Car

the Google Street View Car maneuvering

Me on the beach, walking back to my car to take something...

Here is a live version of Google StreetView :-)
View Larger Map